“Plastic Soul Sound“
• Bowie’s 9th studio album & was originally released on March 7, 1975, through RCA Records.
• 45th Anniversary remastered vinyl was pressed on orange vinyl.
• A departure from glam rock.
• Bowie himself called the sound “Plastic Soul”.
Behind the Scenes
• Side 2 features recordings Bowie did with The Beatles’ John Lennon at Electric Lady Studios.
• Lennon’s contributions are co-writing and recording the track “Fame” with Bowie.
• Lennon also allowed Bowie to cover “Across the Universe” for the album with his collaboration.
• Bowie recruited a former drummer of Sly and the Family Stone as well as the bassist of the Isley Brothers for backing instrumentals.